Wednesday 18 June 2014

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam -the 2nd time


So here again, exactly in 1 year, I come here again to Ho Chi Minh.

The usual question is, why 2nd time? best sangat ke pegi tempat tu?

Actually I don't really have an exact answer.. I love to go anywhere, everywhere.

Be it Seoul, Vietnam, Singapore or anywhere, or even Taiping, it is not the place that matter, I guess even by going with diffrent person, you will have diffrent experience. You will probably face diffrent incidents in your travel that shape your life & understanding about the people that you travel with.

For me, as travel enthusiast, travel planner...I love to travel & I love to plan lol..that is the conclusion ^^..I don't mind to go anywhere in this amazing world.

So yeah, when a friend and uncle of mine told me that they wanted to go to Vietnam, I was excited.
Excited as this will be officially my first job as the travel planner ^^.
So here it goes after much planning, we are in a group of 6 embark on our journey to Ho Chi Minh.

Missing in action is a friend who took earlier flight ^_^
After 1 hour 45 min flight, we arrived in Ho Chi Minh & went straight to our hotel, Lien Thanh Hotel. The hotel is around 10-15 mins walk from Ben Thanh market. I love it. My mum don't like it.
She said it's far. But I said its good that it is far, so your compulsive order to buy more baju kurung is limited haha.. ;)
Our room for 2 person. It was really huge!!
We book our ground package with Vietnam Asiatour. One of the easiest people that reply to my questions and my email ^_^. And yes, both of my trip, I've been using their service.

One of the best thing about having a planned ground trip is the food. Because you don't have to think about what is for your lunch, breakfast & dinner.

So here it is some of our glorious foods galore ^_^


Tomyam yg sangat best!!! ^_^..ohhh telur dadar adalh menu wajib haha
 Our Itinerary:
1st day - Arrived & shopping around Ho Chi Minh city.
2nd day - Chu Chi Tunnel & Optional Night Cruise at Saigon river.
3rd day- Mekong river
4th day- Last minute shopping!!!

Yeah, basically our time is involves with shopping & lychee yang manis^^

 My uncle trying to bargain for the lychee..but beware, the price around the city is more expensive. Like this lady suddenly took my uncle money and increase than the original price huhu..bad salesperson :(
If you"re going out of Ho Chi Minh , it's cheaper to buy anywhere along their road ^_^


@Chu Chi Tunnel

My 1st time coming here as the previous trip it was raining. Thankfully the weather is kind to us on that day..It was so sunny & hot, we are melting like a soldier :).
If I'm not mistaken, we were there for 2 hours. In a note, at first, I was actually not sure what I will see in this place. My initial feeling was more like it is just a forest and some war place.
But after walking & seeing some of the remnants of this Vietnam War, I understand why they keep this as history & important place for their country. For me it reminds me of their bravery to fight with more powerful nation, and to use all they got to defend it at any cost. Such an amazing fighting spirit. Although I honestly feel the sadness that it also cost a thousand innocent human lives, both in all sides of the war.

One, of the trap during the war.
At first, all of us, we were like "What to see??'
Down here!! huhu..crazy..
Ada kayu2 tajam yang sedang menunggu mangsanya huhu

that is not a real soldier ^^
Makan ubi kayu katanya....Bak kata paklang saya, jauh2 mkn ubi kayu dkt vietnam ni pulak ye ^_^

success!!!
Masuk yang paling pendek jer..haha..nmpk senyum tapi bila kat dalam tuh duk jerit2 ^_^

@Mekong River
My 2nd time here. Clearly the place is a bit touristy...penuh orang vietnam menjual di sini..but I would still recommend to anyone who never have the experience to some here. Especially the 'sampan' part. Menginsafkan to feel how their standard of living and compare it back at home.



fresh from the bees itself ^_^

our lunch
foods galore part 4.0 haha

pakcik saya menunjukkan skill yang hebat :)
traffic jam!! huhu
Oh dari tanah besar ke delta mekong ni kena naik bot. Memang wajib rasanya ada air kelapa bila balik ^_^
The usual pose ^^

Bonus : Shopping & RM40.00 for the city cruise 






dah kenyang dinner, makan laici dan biskut saja atas kapal ^_^

Total expenses just for the trip-Flight ticket RM420.00 & Ground package -RM800.00

Conclusion: Was this trip diffrent from my previous one? Yes.. so many things I learned from this trip.example would be:

1) Do not assume that just you are close to the person they will understand your thinking. It is important to channel your info to everyone. 
2) Make sure everyone knows the plan.
3) Plan the weight of bag accordingly haha..this one is so funny as this was my 1st time. Pertama kali memunggah barang2 di airport waktu nak check in. Bukan sebab terlebih berat tapi tersalah put the weight in 3 diffrent booking no.. so yeah..jadi la magician depan org airport tuh. But we are safe. The weirdest moment was suddenly the guy said you looks diffrent in real life than in your passport picture. Lol..igt kena tahan ke apa, rupa2 nya 'You look beautiful in real life than in this picture' Lol..nasib la abang you said I'm pretty, hilang semua penat memunggah beg tadi :p ;p

Remembering about this trip still makes me smile.
Do I want to go again?
Definetely yes ^__^

#Please contact me or here in DecahayaTravel to know more. 
  So we could have your 1st trip, 2nd trip and so on together!!!! ^_^
Us ^_^



No comments:

Post a Comment